Sex on the Beach Blog Tour Review and Giveaway: Before You by Jenna Bennett

March 18, 2014 Raquel Romero 0

Sex on the Beach Blog Tour Đ Review and Giveaway: Before You by Jenna Bennett

Sex on the Beach Blog Tour Đ Review and Giveaway: Before You by Jenna BennettBefore You by Jenna Bennett
Series: Sex on the Beach
Publication Date: March 4th 2014
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance
Pages: 150
Format: eARC

•

It’s all fun and games

I had a simple plan for spring break.

Sun, sand, and a hot guy. Sex on the beach, with no strings attached.

A chance to get rid of this pesky virginity once and for all.

And when I met Tyler McKenna, I thought I had it made.

Until someone gets hurt

But then girls started turning up at Key West landmarks. Girls who looked like me, but with one crucial difference: They’d all been drugged and relieved of their virginity.

The virginity I still have. The virginity Ty refuses to take.

And now I’ve begun to wonder whether there isn’t more to him than meets the eye.

Suddenly, sex on the beach doesn’t sound so good anymore…

My Thoughts

Ive loved the previous two Sex on the Beach novellas, but this one left a little bit to be desired Cassie and Tylers story is not like the rest. More than a romance story, Before You has a thriller/mystery aspect to it, and Im not sure if it was because there wasnt much time (this is a short novella, after all) for development, but I just couldnt get past the first few chapters.

Youd think Id be able to relate to Cassies character on the count that were both preachers daughters, but her voice left something to be desired. I found Cassie dull and a bit clueless at times. Cassie spent 75% of Before You trying to figure out who was attacking the girls and the other 25% obsessing over Tyler and wondering why it was that he wouldnt take her to bed. Normally Im all about playing hard to get, and while I liked Tyler, I thought their romance was underdeveloped. They meet, theres a connection and all of a sudden Cassie knows that hes The One. I found that very hard to believe. Neither Cassie nor Tyler give each other much details about their life, so how could they automatically fall in love? Lust, yes. Love, no.

The mystery surrounding the girls abuse was at best tolerable. I cant say I was completely enthralled, because I wasnt. And honestly, I skipped a couple of chapters here and there, trying to get to the end. Ill give Ms. Bennett props because I didnt see the rapist coming, at least not until the very end, but I thought she couldve done so much better.

Before You follows Cassie and Tyler on a short adventure that is just short of interesting. I persevered because Id read about Cassie in Between Us and Beyond Me, and I wanted to know how her story would end, but I cant say I liked her very much. Nevertheless, youll just have to find out for yourself if this is the right story for you.

two-starstwo-stars

Giveaway

Win a HUGE Theme prize pack including signed books, jewelry, t-shirts, sunglasses, shot glasses, and lots MORE! (US Only)

a Rafflecopter giveaway

About Jenna Bennett

Jenna Bennett writes the USA Today bestselling Cutthroat Business mysteries featuring Southern Belle and new-minted real estate agent Savannah Martin in Nashville, Tennessee.

As Jennie Bentley, she writes the New York Times bestselling Do-It-Yourself Home Renovation mysteries from Berkley Prime Crime, featuring designer and amateur sleuth Avery Baker and her boyfriend, handyman Derek Ellis, who renovate houses in Waterfield, Maine.

She also writes a variety of romance for a change of pace.

Blog Tour organized by

Leave a Reply